Soma's Four Pillars
When engaging communities and cultures, Soma seeks to model the example that the original church in Acts set. Soma focuses on three main pillars, that the original church emphasized and lived out daily. We seek to integrate all 4 pillars in any ministry that we do, for all pillars are interrelated.
Soma’s current strategy is to:
- Facilitate the immersion of local mission organizations, Christian education institutions, and servant missionaries into their local ethnic community in order to discover ethnic leaders, serve within ethnic churches, assist church plants in the community, and minister to the locals.
- Begin to train and disciple leaders.
- Identify and establish partnerships with local ethnic churches.
- Find and partner with local American churches that have a heavy missional DNA.
- Unite the local ethnic churches with the local American churches.
- Identify and establish partnerships with indigenous churches.
- Send the multi-ethnic local partnership to the indigenous church in order to serve the indigenous community.
- Identify young indigenous leaders to come back and serve in the local immersion mission.